Okutina Natal'ya Nikolaevna, Senior lecturer, sub-department of theory and history of state and law, Institute of International Law and Economics named after A. S. Griboyedov (1 12 Sentyabrya street, Ulyanovsk, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. The current criminogenic situation in modern conditions necessitates a deeper and more detailed study of the issue of protecting the rights and legitimate interests of citizens. Currently, one of the priorities of the development of a crime prevention system is to involve public organizations in law enforcement. Events of the 1990s clearly indicate that the effectiveness of the police in preventing and suppressing socially dangerous acts depends largely on interaction with civil society institutions and citizens in general. In this regard, the use of past experience, the search for the optimal form of participation of public formations is of great theoretical and practical importance in connection with the need to improve the existing criminal-executive legislation, as well as the ongoing reform of local self-government. The purpose of this study is to study the system of public control by citizens on the example of class associations of petty bourgeois in Russia in the second half of the 19th century.
Materials and methods. When writing the work archival documents were used along with legislative sources of the XIX century (Charter on the prevention and suppression of crimes, the Charter on exiles, the Code of Punishment, the Charter on detention, the City Regulation of 1892). The basis for the study were the materials collected as explanations and comments to the official regulatory acts. The author used the method of dialectics as a general scientific method of knowledge to study the issue in historical development, as well as private scientific methods: the method of system analysis, formal legal, historical and legal, logical, etc.
Results. This article identifies and analyzes the forms of participation of the petty-bourgeois class communities in the prevention and suppression of crime, including the neutralization of criminogenic factors. Prospects for the interaction of law enforcement agencies with civil society institutions.
Conclusions. Based on the analysis of the regulatory framework and archival materials in the field of activity of the petty-bourgeois authorities, the work concludes that it is extremely important to use the historical experience of vocational organizations. In particular, we are talking about the creation of special public bodies for the implementation of social control over persons who have a criminal record.
state and right history, perit bourgeois community, crime, postpenitentiary control, recidivism
1. Pokazateli prestupnosti v Rossii [Crime indicators in Russia]. Available at: Crimestat.ru/offenses_map (accessed Jun. 06, 2018).
2. Mulukaev R. S. Trudy Akademii MVD Rossii [Proceedings of MIA Academy of Russia].2014, no. 4, pp. 87–91.
3. Khazhirokov V. A. Yurist-Pravoved [Lawyer-Jurist]. 2015, no. 5, pp. 120–125.
4. Yurina E. E. Trudy Akademii MVD Rossii [Proceedings of MIA Academy of Russia]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 86–88.
5. Grebennikova A. A., Channov S. E. Aktual'nye problemy rossiyskogo prava [Topical problems of Russian law]. 2016, no. 9, pp. 186–190.
6. Gugunskiy A. N., Il'in P. O. Trudy Akademii MVD Rossii [Proceedings of MIA Academy of Russia]. 2016, no. 2, pp. 21–24.
7. Svod zakonov Rossiyskoy imperii. T. XIV. Ustav o preduprezhdenii i presechenii prestupleniy [Collected laws of the Russian Empire. Vol. XIV. The Charter on crime prevention and suppression]. Saint-Petersburg, 1890.
8. Mysh M. I. O meshchanskikh i remeslennykh upravleniyakh. Sbornik uzakoneniy, pravitel'stvennykh i sudebnykh raz"yasneniy [On petty-bourgeois and artisan administrations. Collected ordinances, governmental and judicial explanations]. Saint-Petersburg, 1896,
9. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Ul'yanovskoy oblasti (GAUO) [State archive of Ulyanovsk region (GAUO)]. F. 143. Op. 1. D. 141. L. 14.
10. GAUO. F. 143. Op. 1. D. 207. L. 70.
11. Svod zakonov Rossiyskoy imperii. 1890. T. XIV. V. Ustav o ssyl'nykh. 1890 g. [Collected laws of the Russian Empire. 1890. Vol. XIV. V. The Charter on exiles].
12. Natsional'nyy arkhiv Respubliki Tatarstan (NA RT) [National Archive of the Republic of Tatarstan (NA RT)]. F. 1015. Op. 1. D. 5. L. 46.
13. GAUO. F. 143. Op. 1. D. 207. L. 26.
14. Polnoe sobranie zakonov Rossiyskoy imperii. Sobr. III. T. I. № 107 [Ultimate collected laws of the Russian Empire. Collection III. Vol. I. № 107].
15. GAUO. F. 143. Op. 1. D. 631. L. 10.
16. NA RT. F. 1. Op. 3. D. 5863. L. 85.
17. NA RT. F. 199. Op. 2. D. 281. L. 7.